Hot Japanese Breakfast. That:s what our hotel advertised, but we had no idea what to expect. Basically, it:s a bunch of stuff you wouldn't want to encounter at 7AM, unless you're still drunk and havent hit the hay from the night before. Miso soup, rice, home fries, tomato salad, battered hot peppers, and cabbage rolls in hot broth. Most unfortunately, there was nothing we could smuggle in a backpack for a complementary lunch.
We bisited the Imperial Palace - the most impressive part was the gardens, designed to give the viewer a multitlde of different views as they traverse each bend of the garden path.
We then visited the Daitokuji temple and adjoining Koto-In zen garden. the latter was very tranquil, and a pleasant break in our day.
We ended the day with a private tea ceremony at the Kinkakuji temple (gold pavillion). The thick green tea packed a mean buzz!
2 comments:
It is snowing LOTS! Robin is out shovling and Anna is here and says Hi! Judy-Ann won a trip to a spa in Utah for the weekend. Anna has been partying ever since her Mom left. I am so happy you are tall. What a hectic airport experience. I am still stunned that Scott wanted the ice cream and it wasn't Sara's idea. Nice going Scott. I miss you tons and it is hard to believe you haven't even been gone a week. Love you tons, Mom in MN
Hi Scott and Sara, It sounds like you guys are having a great time and really trying to experience the culture. If you asked me about ATM cards in Japan I could have told you you need a smart card (a chip on it). They are really big on smart cards in Japan. Check out JCB (a big bank I think). All of their smart cards are made using my software. If Sara's AMEX card has a RF antenna on it, it may work. I actually never thought about this problem until now.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment